The one thing I've learned about taking care of your skin is that double cleansing is a must. In this post, I used the Eve Lom cleanser as a model, but any oil-to-milk cleansing cream would be a great way of getting rid of the day's grime. I am currently using the gorgeous Emma Hardie cleanser, along with it's SPF 30 moisturiser (both of which I am loving and will document my experience with them both), but here's my take on Eve Lom's resoundingly popular cleanser...
So I bit the bullet. Jumping on the blogger, beauty columnist and model Lom-loving craze. I bought that cleanser. I was embarrassingly excited about this product when it arrived via cultbeauty.co.uk. I had seen the online tutorials and read the reviews and couldn't wait to get started and see for myself what all the fuss was about. I have not been disappointed thus far but I do have to admit that there are a couple of things you guys should know before you follow my hasty foot steps and try it for yourselves.
- First of all, I am basically going to copy the instructions on the packaging and let you get an idea of the process...
- Apply a generous amount on to face and neck (makeup intact, that's sort of the point) and massage into skin. Starting from behind the ears, apply pressure with the pads of your fingertips and circle down to the collar bone. Repeat 3 times. If tender or painful, this step should be repeated every night until until tenderness disappears and a smooth flow is established.
- Place the fingers in the centre of the forehead, from brow-bone to hairline. Press firmly, hold for a count of five, then release. Move fingers apart by a centimetre, press, hold and release again. Repeat across the forehead finishing at the temple.
- Place fingers (spread like a fan) under the cheekbones: press, hold for 5, release. Place thumbs under the chin and fingers on top. Press, hold, count to 5 and release. Continue along the jaw-line finishing under the ears.
- Place three fingers either side of the nose, apply pressure while holding for a count of 5 and release. Continue in centimetre steps working down the jaw-line.
- Place fingers above the upper lip, press firmly while holding for a count of 5 and release. Continue around the corners of the mouth. Repeat 3 times.
- To complete the facial, soak the muslin cloth in hot water and wring out. Hold the cloth over the entire face for 5 seconds for the heat to soften the skin and activate the essential oils, while taking a deep breath through the nose. Repeat three times...
- Rinse out the cloth and remove all traces of makeup and cleanser, making firm, circular movements to exfoliate. Rinse the cloth in cold water and apply to face. Gently pat skin dry with towel.
Photos by Pedro Antunes. Location: The Cavendish Hotel, Mayfair, London